Friday 18 February 2011

my rigid attention....

I've realised I have an intense attention division disorder.
I can do only one thing at a time.
Now,this ''at a time'' refers to each particular phases of  my mood.So it can be hours,days,weeks or just minutes.
If I'm reading,I just keep on readin and reading,till I complete the book[or whatever it is am reading] I'm on.But while at it I don't do anythin else.I honestly don't get the time 'cause am so occupied.Its like my mind just works one way.I don't watch t.v,I dont use the internet,I try and avoid as much of the goin'-on-forever phone chats with my friends.I behave pretty possesed-y.
And its the same way with everything else that i like doing.When am doin' one,the other doesn't exist till i get over what am doin'.
My point precisely is that I cannot balance.Its either this OR that.
Like right now I'm blogging and this serial I really like,two and a half men,is on.Now since I had already started writing this before the show started,I just cannot stop writing midway,put down my laptop and watch the serial and then get back to it.If this is where my attention is,I'm incapable of dividing it with the t.v show.

Now,this thing has to go.Apart from when am reading,in every other case, its really annoying to be not be able to balance my attention.
See with my reading habits I'm very partial.That's the only idiosyncracy I have,which I have no intention of dealin' with.The rest,I like to think, really ain't a big deal.I'll overcome sooner or later!
Or atleast I can be in a little more in peace with my mind if I keep tellin' myself that.



No comments:

Post a Comment