Sunday 7 April 2013

Embracing the yesterday that made way for today...

Life is moving.
For some forward and for some others backward, and for the yet remaining, in circles. But it's never still.
And along with itself, life drags us.
We are pushed into unknown terrains while all we want to do is stay put in the comfort of our cocoon.
And in all this dragging and pulling, we grow. We grow in all our relationships, in all our responsibilities, in all our expectations, our opinions and as well as in our dreams.
But once in a while, when we look back, in reflection or maybe just out of compulsion, at us, at the marks our treaded path has left behind, we feel surprised.
"I did that, really !?'' or  "I don't believe, I said that !" or as in my case, the question that planted the seed of this blog post, "I used to write like that !?".
But, the journals that i used to keep, the last pages of my every slam book that i used to fill, or the first blog that i ever wrote, are today, all reminders that I have grown.
And I am happy with this growth. Had I not been the person who wrote all that, I would never have been the person I am today, the person I quite like being.
No. We are never the person we want to be. But in the journey of becoming that person, every now then, we should check if we would have liked ourselves, if ever we were introduced to us; Whether you like being you.

So here's to all the silly words I spoke and the journals i wrote, all the times I texted in the incomprehensible text language, all the times I slipped and picked myself my up hoping no one had noticed, all the wrong friendships I made and all the stupid crushes I had !
Here's to being dragged and pushed by life ! Here's to growing up yet not forgetting who you were !

And finally, here's to starting to blog again after almost two years but not deleting the past blogs !!








 

4 comments:

  1. congratulations on coming back in your name, intact history, expanded vocab and the same you.
    I liked your writings even with those objectionable r's and n's. So this surely is a treat!
    Fianlly all the jabbering, cajoling and throttling makes sense.
    They say being inspired is awesome but inpiring someone is phenomanal. Happy me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am glad for all the jabbering,cajoling and throttling, now !!
      Finding someone who inspires you and pushes you, without anything for them in it is intensely gratifying.
      So yes, happy me too :)

      Delete
  2. congrats on taking up blogging again:).i really enjoyed this piece and eagerly waiting for the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) all of you guys are being so encouraging, am glad !

      Delete